Sunday 20 October 2013

First of all... Introduction

Hello you,
Let's just call me D.
Mrs. D
I am a recently married young Nigerian woman married to the most amazing man ever and by His Grace, we enjoy the marriage of our dreams.
I am in my mid-twenties but I go for knowledge and by His Grace, all the knowledge keeps helping me because they are from THE BOOK.
I have started this blog to share and learn even more godly principles that make marriage work.
Everything I share here will have its foundation in the Book. Of course when I say 'The Book' I mean the Bible. God's Love letter to us...
I have a good hearty laugh when I see people trying to run their marriage outside God.
How is that even possible?
Marriage is a God ordained institution and should be enjoyed to the max.
God created marriage and it is a beautiful thing when we follow THE BOOK.
Sadly, this is NOT always the case especially because most people don't do marriage by the Book. 'The Book' being of course the Bible and so divorce is gradually becoming just as rampant as marriages itself. An article I read recently (I think it was by Charley Boy) says that very soon we will start celebrating divorces and divorce anniversaries as we do weddings (From HML to HDL).
No one's saying there are no challenges in the marriage Institution...Of course there are. There are because even though good and godly marriages are made in heaven, maintenance has to be done on earth but once we follow the biblical principles in the Book as per marriage, we all can have the marriage of our dreams.


A lot of young persons always ask me the secret of such a blissful marriage and by extension, life and I always say it is NO secret. If we work the Word in our marriage, the Word will work our marriage RIGHT for us.
There are very many 'useless' advice and tips out there based on sentiments, psychology and what have you. But a marriage can't be built on that alone. We have to consciously build on the Word. Nothing else will stand. We need to be careful about even popular opinions that are against the Word. There is NO wisdom against God... Proverbs 21:30
I will be sharing godly principles I apply which work in my marriage and in the marriage of other Christians I know who are doing marriage by the Book.

I will also be taking emails from my Readers and providing answers by God's grace. Email at the end of the post.
I will also be sharing stories from my relationship from courtship to marriage and all the lessons I keep learning to cover all areas from finances to sex to children to inlaws and all. I am afterall anon so pretty much anything will fly here.
Singles won't be left out too as I will be sharing from my single years of courtship too. Real life stories.
This will be one jolly ride. I promise. I hope I enjoy blogsville especially as I have been inspired by reading the blog of some pretty amazing persons.
So far, I'm finding my way around beautifully.
Email is marriagebydbook@gmail.com. Soon enough I'll get a twitter handle and other social media sites needed too.
Oh I got a twitter account already @marriagebydbook. Kindly follow
You can hold your breath for my next Post.
That's my way of saying soon soon!!!
Until then please feel free to email me if you wanna, spread word and drop a comment too. All appreciated.
Till my next post, keep living By the Book.
Hugs
Mrs. D

10 comments:

  1. Congrats on your recent wedding and welcome to blog world! We're only a few months older than you at blogging, but are eager to see what you have to say!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yay
    Screaming so hard
    Naijawife is my very first commenter.
    I am so excited. Thanks mami. Your blog is an isnpiration. So imagine the joy i feel. I am definitely dedicating the next post to you. It was inspired by you 'Too much book' post hehehehe.
    thanks for the RT too on twitter.
    Thanks thanks thanks mami
    Regards to NH
    Mrs. D.
    Meanwhile
    I don't remember my password and I am understanding Blogger in Jesus name amen.
    This whole thing gets clearer and clearer to me ooo
    Speaking in faith. Lol

    ReplyDelete
  3. First of all, introduction. Glad to have you here, will be looking to see what you have to say, especially since like NW and NH you are blessed with the gift of anonymity. Great post.
    Na wa o! those funny suggestions sha...thanks for assuring us that not everyone has it bad the first time (the stories wey persin dey hear reach to fear) and for encouraging all the waiters out there. Too many people make young men and women feel odd for waiting to be married to have sex so yes, it's great to have one more Nigerian wife add her voice. Okay o! before my comment becomes an epistle, just to encourage you and appreciate you for choosing to share your journey with us.

    Love to Mr.D.
    Bless your heart.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Aww hon, thanks darling
    Will be sending my love to Him alright
    the stories dey taya true true but OUR CASE CAN BE DIFFERENT
    Thanks for your comment. And yes, chastity before marriage should be encouraged indeed.
    Hugs
    Mrs. D

    ReplyDelete
  5. Welcome Mrs D! I am excited and delighted that there is an increase in the number of Christian marriage themed blogs (especially Nigerian!) lol
    Congratulations on your wedding and thank God for the testimony you have on being married to a wonderful man (I love when I hear things like that)... It inspires me like.. Thank You Daddy! There's hope :-)
    I'm sure you'll enjoy your blog experience... it really is exciting and the 'atmosphere' is lovely! xxxx

    ReplyDelete
  6. People like you are already coloring it lovely.
    Thanks darl.
    Yes there is plenty hope. Plenty oooo.
    THERE are bomboys no doubt but they don't have our our numbers thank you Daddy.
    Lol
    THank you again 1plus
    Mrs. D

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love this
    And
    "If we work the Word in our marriage, the Word will work our marriage RIGHT for us" is a good quote. I take it
    Permit me to also replace the 'marriage' with 'life'
    Thanks

    ReplyDelete
  8. Debby Of cos hun. That's why I end my posts with 'keep living By the Book'
    That is how we live oooo
    By the Book

    ReplyDelete
  9. Welcome to the neighborhood! I am excited to see whats coming!!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Thanks so much dear.
    God will give wisdom.
    Going to check out your blog asap
    Mrs. D

    ReplyDelete